Recently a number of friends and clients have told me they are very frustrated because they are just not progressing towards accomplishing their dreams and goals. In their mind they have so much they want to do and experience and yet in reality they have difficulty in getting things done.
What about you? How are you progressing in getting to what you want or where you want to be? If it is just not going as well as you desire then I have some tips that will hopefully give you a jumpstart with staying power.
Tips to Enhance Productivity
Instead of keeping everything in your mind I suggest writing your goals and action items. This way you can better focus on what is most important. Even though you may have a great memory it works better to actually see and know what you want to do and accomplish each day. When following through with the tips below my friends and clients say they feel more in control and are much more productive. Give it a try and see what you can achieve.
- Keep a written To-Do List. This will prevent you from “conveniently” forgetting about those unpleasant or overwhelming tasks.
- Prioritize your To-Do List using Covey’s Urgent/Important Principle. This will enable you to quickly identify the activities that you should focus on, as well as the ones you can ignore.
- Understand your peak productivity times and tackle the hardest tasks then. Do you work better in the morning or the afternoon? Identify when you’re most effective and schedule activities accordingly.
- Set yourself time-bound goals. Setting specific deadlines to complete tasks will keep you on track to achieve your goals, and it will mean that you have no time for procrastination!
- If you’re prone to delaying projects because you find them overwhelming, try breaking them down into more manageable chunks. Organize your projects into smaller tasks and focus on starting them, rather than on finishing them.
Recognize Your Success One Day at a Time
As you set out to feel better and accomplish more do your best to pay attention to how you are feeling, what you doing and achieving in whatever endeavor you are focused on. One of my favorite books, Be Here Now by Ram Dass is an adage for living life. It is about being fully present in whatever you are experiencing and this is true for work and play. Rather than dwell on what you are not getting done, turn it around to really see what you have accomplished no matter how small it may be. By recognizing all of the successes big and small you will do and be more than you ever dreamed before.
Let Estelle guide you in recognizing and eliminating what is holding you back from achieving what you want. She will coach you in self-understanding, setting up and executing a plan, and will support you each step of the way helping you to overcome set-backs and challenges. Contact Estelle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 831-601-6576